The Science of Happiness - Oct 2019
Join us for this very special event featuring guest speaker Meik Wiking of the Happiness Research Institute in Denmark!
This presentation brought to you by the University of Sudbury will cover why the Nordic countries often top the world happiness reports, how we can convert wealth into well-being and how you can measure this thing called happiness. All are welcome!
OCTOBER 24, 2019
Venue: Sheridan Auditorium, Sudbury Secondary School (154 College St.)
Note that tickets must be purchased for this event.
|CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS|
Some of you may already know of Meik Wiking from his books or his Tedx Talk, but here is a bit of background information. In a nutshell, he is:
• the CEO of the think tank Happiness Research Institute in Denmark, which focuses on well-being, happiness, and quality of life;
• an international best-selling and a New York Times Bestselling author;
• a Research Associate for Denmark at the World Database of Happiness;
• a member of the policy advisory group for the Global Happiness Policy Report;
• and Founding member of The Latin American Network for Wellbeing and Quality of Life Policies.
Meik has written several books and reports on happiness, subjective well-being and quality of life. His books have been translated into more than 35 languages, and over 1 million copies have been sold worldwide.
Meik is a frequent speaker at a variety of conferences and seminars on happiness around the world. Previously, he worked for the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Vilstrup Research and as a director for the think tank Monday Morning.
He holds a degree in business and political science from Roskilde University.
We look forward to welcoming Meik to Sudbury, Ontario, and to seeing you all there!